Participation in school and most organized sports requires that children have a yearly physical. Your child’s well child exam will meet these requirements. We have most local school and sports forms on file in our office. Be sure to notify your doctor and nurse at the start of your visit if a completed and signed form is needed.
Hendersonville Pediatrics, P.A. is pleased to offer, through special arrangement, on-site behavioral health screenings and treatment services for children from newborn to 18 years of age. These services range from brief and time-limited consultations or sessions to long-term counseling services. Common presenting concerns include behavior problems (e.g., temper tantrums, oppositional behavior, anger episodes), toileting or bed wetting difficulties, sleep problems, picky eating, anxiety or stress, habit disorders (e.g., thumb sucking, nail biting, hair pulling), behavioral treatment of ADHD, depression, family conflict, school problems, sibling or peer difficulties, and many more. Please talk with your child’s doctor if you feel there is a need for a behavioral medicine referral or simply call and make an appointment.
2. My child has been having this or these types of problems (describe). What experience do you have in helping with this type of problem?
3. What kind of treatments do you use and have these been found to be effective with the types of problem I have mentioned? Examples of common treatments that have been found to work include behavioral therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, parent child interaction therapy, and trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy. You may find additional information on behavioral health problems and treatments that have been shown to work at http://effectivechildtherapy.org/
4. What is your average length of treatment and what does it entail?
5. How will we know if therapy is working?
6. Do you accept my insurance or what is your self-pay rate? If self-pay do you have a sliding fee scale?
You may also ask your doctors, family, friends, clergy, or others you trust for recommendations.