“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.”
“You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give.”
Our community means everything to us. The doctors and staff of Hendersonville Pediatrics, P.A. actively donate time and energy beyond their work associated with our busy pediatric practice. Below is just a few examples of our volunteer work locally, regionally, and internationally.
• RISE AND SHINE FREEDOM SCHOOL and the Brevard Ballet to provide a high quality dance camp for 1 dozen 8-11 year olds from 9-12. All children come from disadvantaged backgrounds.
• Volunteer teacher of Art class
• Finding Dory (at local theater)
• 1 day of rock climbing (gift from the local Rock Gym)
• Member of Brevard Community Church
• Keyboard player for praise band of Brevard Community Church
• Member of Medicine Committee of Transylvania Regional Hospital
• Member of the SAFE sexual violence task force
• Member of the Advisory Board of the Transylvania County Schools Cycling Club
• Involvement in Brevard High School Cheerleaders
• Missions work in Africa for past 5 summers as well as missions work in past with Compassion International in Ecuador, Thailand, Brazil, Dominican Republic
• Aided in planning and development of field hospital with Samaritans Purse in Alaska
• Volunteer with Transylvania County Rescue Squad
• Spoke at a fundraiser for the Child and Family Resource Center (Hendersonville)
• Volunteer on the board of Smart Start of Henderson County
• Volunteer members of Henderson County Immunization Coalition
• Board of trustees @ Transylvania Regional Hospital
• Instructor of camp counsellors in administering emergency Epinephrine
• Speaker with Dessert with the Doctors
• Community lectures on Lacrosse encephalitis and other topics.
• Lectures to local high school science classes regarding Mosquito borne illnesses, LaCrosse Encephalitis specific to our area of Western North Carolina, etc.