We look forward to the 2018 CAMP SEASON!
This year Hendersonville Pediatrics is offering walk-in services to campers throughout the region each morning, 8:30 – 10:30 am.
We hope you’ll find this a valuable and easy-to-access service. Campers are welcome throughout the day by appointment as it will make their visit easier for you and for us.
Enclosed you will find our camp policy as well as standing orders for this camp season. Please return by fax (828-696-3530) or mail a copy of the standing orders signed by your Camp Director. Please make sure that the parents and camp staff are aware of our policy before the camp season begins.
Our policy for campers is as follows:
- We prefer to see patients by appointment as it will make their visit easier for you and for us. When you call, please hit option 4 for an appointment or ask for the appointment secretary.
- When you speak to the appointment secretary, please indicate your camp name, the child's full name and date of birth. In order to fully meet your campers appointment needs, you may be asked to take the camper to our alternate office in either Hendersonville or Brevard.
- Fax all camper(s) demographic information including parent/legal guardian’s name, address and phone numbers and insurance information. By providing insurance information prior to the appointment we can verify the benefits and determine if the camper’s policy requires they be seen at an emergency room or urgent care for acute injury or illness. Fax documents to the office when the appointment is made. Ask the appointment secretary for the correct fax number to use.
- When you arrive with the camper(s), please give our receptionist the camp physical form and the camper's personal information. We are especially interested in having the child’s allergy information and current medications. The documentation must also include consent to treatment by a parent or legal guardian.
- Please arrange that a camp representative remain with the camper(s) while in our office so the physician may give necessary instructions about medications and continued care. Upon completion of the exam, the camp representative will receive a copy of the visit note.
- We will file the visit with the camper's insurance as long as we have suitable insurance information that includes the subscriber's name, date of birth and social security number. Lacking this information your camper will be considered self-pay and payment in full is expected at the time of service. In this case, an encounter record will be sent to the camp to forward to the parent suitable for insurance filing themselves. Should the insurance pay after private payment is made our office will promptly refund the overpayment.
- Payment for copays, co-insurances and/or deductibles is expected at the time of service. Campers are permitted to make payment by valid credit or debit card with valid information and proper signature authorizing use of the card. We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
- Our after-hours medical advice and on-call service is available only if your camper has previously been see in our office. Contact the nearest emergency room or urgent care if you have a camper that you feel needs attention when our office is closed.
If you should still have questions regarding our camp policies, please feel free to contact our Camp Liaison, Laura at 828-693-3296, extension 1112 and she will be happy to address your concerns or refer you to the appropriate personnel. Again, we hope you and your campers have an enjoyable and healthy camp season!