Now Available for Children Ages 5 and Up
Hendersonville Pediatrics is now offering the COVID19 vaccine to all patients 5 years and older. To schedule an appointment for your child, please call our office. New Patient? Click Here.
- If your child has an upcoming well check or medication visit, you are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity to have your child vaccinated. No need to make a separate appointment.
- Remember, the COVID vaccine can be administered in conjunction with other vaccinations.
- All of our doctors recommend children 5 and older be vaccinated to provide strong protection against COVID infection and to help limit the spread of COVID.
- The COVID vaccination is a two-shot series administered at least 21 days apart. Henderson County is also offering free COVID vaccinations for children 5 and older. For more information, click here. Para obtener más información, haga clic aquí.
Using V-Safe to Report Side Effects
Once your child receives the vaccine, you can voluntarily enroll in V-Safe for personalized health check-ins with the CDC.
V-Safe is a smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys that allow you to quickly report any side effects your child experiences to the CDC. You should also report any side effects to your pediatrician.
Important Reminders About the COVID-19 Vaccine
Before you schedule an appointment for your child, you should tell us if he or she:
- Has any allergies
- Has a fever
- Has a bleeding disorder or is on blood thinner
- Is immunocompromised or is on a medication that affects his or her immune system
- Has received another COVID-19 vaccine
- Has ever fainted in association with an injection
Risks and Side Effects
Please CLICK HERE to download an information sheet. This sheet will provide you with all known risks and side effects of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, as well as more information on V-Safe.
We will make sure you understand all known risks and side effects before administering the vaccine to your child.
We are always happy to answer any questions you have about the vaccine or any other health concerns you have about your child!